Our Fleet Of Trucks

Our Fleet Of Trucks
Think Of Moving, Think Of Us.

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Moving Is Stressful

Moving is a serious experience. It can alter not only your life patterns, but even you, or your family. As humans, we are creatures of habit. When we go through a dramatic change in our environment, we have to change ourselves to adapt to the new life. This can cause a change in stress level (up or down), a change in health and skin problems (due to environment), a change in disposition due to things such as diet, sleep rhythm alterations, and even small things like what you smell when you wake up. It's important to be aware of these physical and emotional changes not only in yourself, but also your family. Here's a few tips to help reduce the stress on you and them.

Our first advice is, of course, to hire a mover. Relocations are hard on your body, on your pocketbook, on your family and pets. Hiring a mover, such as us (KNT Movers, in case you forgot!) makes the process of transporting your goods from old to new house less stressful, and helps you to focus on your loved ones while we handle the heavy lifting, packing, unpacking, cleaning, etc. It's hard to handle both them and the boxes at the same time, and it can be a traumatic experience for younger children and pets!


I remember when I was young, moving was one of the most traumatic things for me. I lost my friends and my neighborhood; my entire world was turned upside down. I had to learn the safe roads to ride my bicycle, make new friends, and get over losing the friends I'd known since the last time I was uprooted. Worse, I was "the new kid" at school. Even as I got older, it wasn't easy to come to terms with moving, and I could call my friends any time! It makes the home life a lot harder. As parents, we can help reduce our children's stress by offering them support and helping them to find new avenues of entertainment and friendship. Take them the local parks to play or enroll them in classes at the local community center or other classes where their new friends are waiting to meet them. Encourage and enable them to communicate with their old friends anyway possible, but help them see that they will need new friends as well!

And, let's not forget about our furry friends. Indoor pets will recover quickly, but outdoor pets can also be traumatized by a move. Indoor pets will adjust quickly because the same humans and the same smells to comfort them. Outdoor cats and dogs have been known to go on jailbreak and return to the house they're familiar with. Don't forget to give them plenty of attention and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't run off. It may require keeping them inside when you're out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment